Wednesday, April 16, 2014

something new

I'm going to try something new with the blog.  I just don't have time to sit down and write long posts any more.  Plus by the time I sit down to write my mind draws a blank.  But I know I'm going to regret not continuing to document our crazy little boys.  We take so many pictures that I thought it would be a good idea to just post a picture as often as possible and tell the story behind that picture.  I'll be able to share so much about the boys just by doing this.  So here we go ...


I took this picture of Kara and Alex over the weekend.  Our weather was gorgeous and so the boys spent a lot of time outdoors.  It is absolutely their favorite place at the moment.  The boys are fairly good about listening to us outside and even though our backyard is not fenced-in the boys seem to stay close to us.  We Kara is putting in some raised garden beds in the backyard.  I'm SO EXCITED.  She has done a ton of reading and we even have some tomatoes sprouting in our bedroom right now just waiting to be transferred to the garden in about a month.  So Kara had been outside filling the beds with dirt and of course the boys were "helping" although I think more dirt ended up on theirs heads and in their finger nails.  The boys were obsessed with carrying these big rocks we have by our shed and throwing them into the garden beds.  And Jakob even ended up with skinned knees and a bruised shin.  Such a boy.  Our little Alex is addicted to water.  I swear the boy is a camel.  We even have friends who now comment on how much water Alex consumes in a day.  And of course as a result we have to change pants at least 2x a day because we didn't do a diaper change in time.  It is bizarre.  But the thing is Kara is exactly the same way.  Kara slugs down so much water each day.  I swear I would live in the bathroom.  She carries around a big water bottle all day and I think it gets filled at least five times.  So anyhow this is a picture of my loves on a water break.  I absolutely love it.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using pictures to tell your stories. Jeebs I know that's how I do it! :) Glad to see ya back and the boys look like they are growing so big and coming right along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing pictures of the boys so I'm thinking this is a great plan! I too am finding it challenging to write the novel like posts I used to write but like you said, it's the documenting that matters, not the length of the post. This picture is the cutest btw. :)

    ReplyDelete