Thursday, October 17, 2013

take your child to work day

Today was "Take Your Child to Work" day for my company.  Our "Take Your Child to Work" day doesn't actually coincide with the official day because my company always aligns the day with our annual "Community Days" volunteer event that my company organizes each year.  This was the first time that I had children to bring to this event. Our 2012 event, which I was actually in charge of coordinating, took place early in 2012 right after I was put on early maternity leave.  But today I got to walk into my office with my little boys.  A day that I have been looking forward to for several years!

The boys did great!

We spent most of the day just following the boys around the office and watching them interact with my coworkers.  And of course I spent a lot of that time just making sure the boys didn't break something that I couldn't afford to replace (like a computer or copy machine).  Our office is sort of an oddity in that while we only have about 40 employees at our location we had three sets of twins (15 months, 17 months, and 24 months) in attendance today!  The sets of twins accounted for 6 of the 11 kids in the office today.  Crazy!  We tried our best to get a picture but you can imagine how well that went over with the kids.  Our office spent the day making care packages for newly diagnosed cancer patients.  And the kits included assembling fleece blankets.  So we had the boys help us with the blankets.  And by "help" I mean that some adorable little boy is going to be given our care package on his first day of chemotherapy treatment and the little boy is going to be forced to ask his mother, "Why does my blanket smell like apple juice?  And who ate cookies without me?"  The boys were great helpers!!  The boys were up past nap time but only really started to meltdown after lunch.  And can I mention again how much Jakob can eat on any given day?  He went through 3 large cups of fruit in just over two hours.  And that was after a large breakfast of french toast and potatoes.  My son can eat!  I was also told that they were asleep in the car before Kara even got out of the parking lot.

My coworker took this picture.  

  
"What do you mean we ran out of coffee in the breakroom?  How am I ever going to get through this day?"

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that companies still did a take your kids to work day. That is so awesome. The picture above beyond adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day! And 3 sets of twins in one office? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete