Friday, May 20, 2011

can I use a different credit card?

These were my words to the sperm bank yesterday when the woman on the phone asked if I would like to use the credit card that was already on file at the office to complete my purchase.  This was also the moment when I realized once again how expensive it is to make a baby!  But then I hung-up the phone and something really cool happened ... I got excited!  "Hello Miss Excitement!  Where have you been the last couple of months??"  I am marking down the days on my calendar and waiting in anxious anticipation for my period to start.  It is completely bizarre that I go month to month alternating between the thoughts ... "I will give the homeless guy on the corner a $1,000 if there is no blood on the toilet paper when I go to the bathroom" and "Why is the damn toilet paper so white? Go team red!".  And people wonder why I'm an emotional wreck!?!  Anyhow ... we have decided to give Captain America a couple more "at bats" before we send him down to the minor leagues.  I really like Captain America but I will be damned if I keep paying $410 (+ shipping) a vial for a poor performer.  Plus it is much easier to blame our failure on some random guy I don't know then it is to blame our failure on me and my rotten old eggs.  I mean ... I'm perfect (okay Kara stop rolling your eyes).  So now we wait for my friend to show-up.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment