Wednesday, March 9, 2011

cycle # 2

It looks like cycle # 2 is already a bust and I am only on cd 2!

I went in for my baseline ultrasound this morning and I have a stupid cyst on my right ovary.  I guess it is a parting gift from my last cycle.  Geez.  Thanks.  The cyst is measuring 28mm.  So ... I have to sit out this month and hope that the cyst disappears on its own.  I will go back for another baseline ultrasound at the beginning of my next cycle.  It is not uncommon for ovarian cysts to develop when you take an ovarian stimulation medicine such as clomid.  I think (and remember I'm not a doctor) that a cyst is basically a fluid filled sac.  The cyst develops because (1) the follicle that housed the egg actually seals itself off after releasing the egg or (2) the follicle failed to release an egg and it simply continues to grow.  I believe either way the follicle essentially fails to dissolve itself.

There is one thing I am for certain ... this entire process is a test of patience.  And I never have patience.  So maybe this entire process will be good for me in the long run.  I am going to spend the rest of this month just living my life.  I think it might actually be good to take a few weeks off from this whole "thinking about getting pregnant 24 hours a day 7 days a week" mentality.

And the best part ... I will be able to drink on my birthday!  You do have to look at the little things in life.

So ... until next month ... I bid you farewell.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment