Saturday, January 8, 2011

this pile of hay is REALLY big

I feel as if Kara and I have officially started looking for our needle in the haystack.  We have scheduled an appointment with an RE (reproductive endocrinologist) for January 19th.  We hope that this appointment will allow us to set-up a plan of action for the next year. The year in which we hope to conceive our first child.  Now, while Kara and I feel as if the appointment will mark our first official step to parenthood, this journey actually began several years ago.

OUR STORY - I met Kara in September 2005.  I was immediately in love .... with the hair!  Kara has the most amazing head of crazy curly brown hair and that of course was what first made me lay eyes on her.  We were both volunteering at a local community service project and I had been assigned to work in the same area as Kara.  We actually did not speak to one another that much that day.  Surprise! However, I remember that I spent most of the day sneaking glances at Kara.  In addition to the crazy head of hair, Kara also has an amazing smile.  I guess I was not the only one sneaking glances that day because a few months later I got an e-mail from Kara!  I have to give the credit to Kara though for asking a mutual friend of ours for my e-mail address.  That took guts.  Well, our first date turned into a day long event and we never looked back ... This coming April we will celebrate our 5 year anniversary as a couple.

We first began discussing becoming parents in January 2010.  I started to buy book after book that explored the different options we could pursue and Kara and I began talking about the idea of becoming parents with one another.  We both want children (which is a good thing) but we both have different ideas on how we want to bring children into our family.  However, after much discussion, we do believe that we can make both of our dreams come true.  Because I am not getting any younger ... I will be 30 in only a few months ... we have decided that we will try to conceive our first child with the help of donor sperm.  This decision has led us to the upcoming appointment with the RE.

So that's it for now.  We hope that this blog will provide us an outlet for our thoughts and also provide some insight to others following a similar path.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment